Anytime Anywhere Learning
More information »
|Laptops replace lectures in some area schools|
|Posted by: Susan Einhorn|
|Last year, Kim Crosby spent about 80% of her class time teaching math concepts at Waukesha STEM Academy. For the other 20%, she helped students individually.
This year that time is reversed: 80% of her class time is spent moving from student to student; about one-fifth continues to be a standard lecture format. The rest of the direct-instruction materials she wants students to see, she assigns to watch or read at home.
"To me, this makes more sense," Crosby said.
When it comes to challenging traditional ideas about how schools should operate, this 2-year-old charter school in Waukesha is building a reputation with a curriculum that focuses on science, technology, engineering and math, and where student schedules can change every day.
|Source: Journal Sentinel (WI-USA) | Published: April 29th, 2012|
|« Browse AALF Headlines|