|12 Principles of Contemporary Learning|
|Author: AALF PD & Support | April 22nd, 2015|
The following 12 Principle of Contemporary Learning were developed by researchers at ideasLAB, an Australian research organization focused on innovation and learning.
Through the lens of the social learner…
1. Modern learners have the ability to access high quality content whenever and in whatever format they need it…which enables them to draw upon a diverse range of external resources
2. Modern learners have the ability to publish using a variety of media for low or no cost …which enables them to share their ideas and get feedback from others
3. Modern learners have the ability to form networks …which enables them to contrast ideas and experiences with other learners
4. Modern learners have the ability to form highly interconnected groups around an object of interest…which enables them to engage in shared meaning making, and work collaboratively.
Through the lens of the inquiry-based learner….
5. Modern learners have the ability to save and retrieve information in a variety of formats …which enables them to extend their capacity to manage and manipulate information
6. Modern learners have ability to work in teams to participate in open and distributed projects …which enables learning teams to manage more complex projects
7. Modern Learners have the ability to reuse and build upon the work of others…which enables them to move beyond individual and isolated projects
8. Modern Learners have ability to quickly obtain feedback for multiple sources …which enables them to continuously improve their current work
Through the lens of the self-directed learner…
9. Modern learners have the ability to generate large amounts of data about our technology-based activities …which enables them to use self-generated data to assess and make decisions on future actions.
10. Modern Learners have the ability to view the learning artifacts of others …which enables them to learn from what other learners are doing or have done
11. Modern learners have the ability to amplify important and noteworthy content …which enables them to easily identify and participate in new and noteworthy ideas
12. Modern learners have the ability to operate in the same spaces as experts and professionals …which enables them to make better decisions about their own learning.
« Return | Top
|This article is licensed under a Creative Commons License|